Host Family Qualifications & Responsibilities
All SDCH International students are here to improve their English language skills, therefore, English must be the primary language spoken in all SDCH host family homes.
- Host family must be willing to engage in conversations in English, with the student, as much as possible.
- Student must have their own bed in a bedroom. The student can share the room with a teenager of the same gender, but cannot share a bed. Sharing a room with adults or small children is forbidden.
- Student must have access to free laundry and bath facilities.
- Family must provide three meals per day.
- Home must be clean and located in a safe neighborhood.
- Host families must be located near San Marcos.
- Host families can host just one Spanish student.